We shorten those critical values into a simple acronym: I.D.E.A. They touch all aspects of our company, whether that’s creating web experiences for our clients or a workplace where our team can belong.
Be your most authentic self – we like it that way
Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, sexuality, disability, and life experience drives us to better ourselves and create more impactful work for all. So we’re building a diverse team where individuality is celebrated. Together, we continue to foster an inclusive culture through education, recruitment, and implementation.
“Our mission is to do good work for good people. We actively seek out client partnerships that align with this mission and share our core values. And we strive to create experiences that are intuitive, inclusive and intentional. This truly matters.”
Amanda Heberg, VP of Business Development
“As someone who has come from workplaces that did not value their employees or work-life balance, Sandstorm is a total breath of fresh air. Working under leadership who genuinely care about their people has allowed me to grow, thrive, and do great work for our clients!”
Syd Hunsinger, Product Owner
IDEAs in Action
IDEAs in Action
We've been asked so many times: how do we create culture in a remote world? It's not easy, but the entire Sandstorm team has turned it into a goal with consistent focus. Some of the key ways we bring Sandstorm's culture to life include:
- Weekly social time, whether that be for the whole company during a social lunch hour or a social office hour for a specific team. We look for and embrace any and all opportunities to connect.
- One-on-ones with managers, where we can connect deeply about all the things we're working on, professional goals we have, and more.
- Monthly "You Rock" meetings, where the entire company gathers to learn the most important news and show appreciation to one another.
- Lots and lots of group chats, like "Becky's Corner" where we share jokes, memes, music, and more, "IDEA Sharing and Caring" where we talk about all things IDEA, the Sandstorm Book Club where we drop book recs, and more!
- Our scrums are fun! Some days we highlight the word of the day, some days we recite Shakespeare, and some days we share fun facts and trivia from everyone in the company.