Will wears many hats at Sandstorm. From writing web content to executing social media strategies, he is quick to act and insistent on a job done right. Will enjoys writing, so expect to hear from him often on the blog.
Marketing Jobs in Chicago: Interactive Agency Looking for a Digital Strategist
Sandstorm Design is hiring! Our interactive agency in Chicago is seeking a Digital Strategist to join our team with an entrepreneurial spirit. If this is you, contact us.
The perfect candidate is a forward-thinking, self-starter to lead client projects through their entire lifecycle. (This isn’t just a project manager.) The Digital Strategist is consulting role that helps define the vision for our projects. They need experience cultivating long-term marketing relationships and comfortable envisioning and delivering in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment. Like all Sandstormers, the strategist has to understand and embrace the history, core values and culture of our agency.
It is a digital role. They need to understand how the web and application design and development process work, recognize problematic areas, as well as provide solutions to move projects forward. They are responsible for accurately understanding the client’s objectives and requirements and communicating the information to the design/development team. This requires excellent written and verbal communication and leadership skills.
All Sandstorm employees must meet deadlines, be aware of scope and budget of projects they are assigned to and work cooperatively with the team and clients.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter. Please NO phone calls. If you have any questions, please comment to this post.
Specific Role Components
- Accounts for overall financial performance of client
- Creates clear and informative project briefs to outline priorities and motivate teams
- Assists with quarterly or semi-annual strategic business planning meetings to develop near and long term strategies
- Determines appropriate engagement models for the project and client relationship (time and materials, fixed fee, retainer, other)
- Seeks opportunities to apply previous strategies and project methodologies to achieve desired outcomes efficiently
- Develops proposals and sales presentations
- Assists existing client growth
- Enters time and cost estimates
- Reviews and approves invoices and payables
- Assists with strategic planning, concept development and requirements gathering
- Identifies resource and personal needs to fill gaps in the agency’s capabilities
- Participates in industry and local events/associations to build awareness and reputation of agency and to network with clients
- Creates case studies
- Seeks media coverage of client work to increase awareness and solidify reputation in the digital marketing space
- Consults as needed
- 3–5 years of account management in similar organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or equivalent field
- Previous experience working in agency or professional services
- Experience in digital marketing
- Proficient writer
- Exceptional communications skills
- Social media platform experience preferred
- SEO and/or SEM experience preferred
- Information Architecture understanding, Axure familiarity a plus