Sandstorm Design is seeking a Website Project Manager to join our team!
The Website Project Manager is a client-facing project manager in a consultative capacity. They lead client projects through their entire life cycle; from conception through launch and beyond.
The Website Project Manager has a thorough understanding of the website/application design and development process. They are responsible for ensuring Sandstorm is in the best position for success by translating the client’s objectives and business requirements into a project plan easily exacted by Sandstorm’s design and development teams.
- Champions the Agile approach to project management to prioritize and deliver high-quality work.
- Develops and manages project budgets by monitoring scope, ensuring team clarity on budget, and providing timely communication of budget status to empower stakeholders with the right information at the right time to make good decisions.
- Identifies and forecasts project resource needs while working with department leads to ensure the right resource is matched with the right task to maximize the quality of work.
- Maintains clear and informative project documentation to outline priorities, requirements, scope, and deliverables.
- Informs all stakeholders about their responsibilities and potential impact on timing during all phases of a project’s life cycle.
- Takes ownership of and identifies the best project management tools for Sandstorm’s needs to ensure the most effective and timely communication between departments and clients.
- Consults regularly with each Sandstorm team to explore opportunities to evolve process standards to produce more efficient and consistent quality work.
- Promotes the Sandstorm Way to motivate and challenge teams to produce their highest quality work.
- Stays current on user experience research, marketing, technology and brand trends to best advise clients.
- Guides project strategy and grounds decision-making as an informed, confident source of modern best practices and strategies.
- Facilitates client education in regards to CMS training and use of project management tools.
Business Development and Account Growth
- Maintains accountability for overall financial performance and looks for growth opportunities with the client.
- Assists with proposal development, sales presentations, and existing client growth.
- Grows interdepartamental trust with high quality, consistent and transparent communication in regards to process, timing and expectations.
- Defines, evolves and advocates adherence to the Agile process with both clients and internal teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience leading website design and development projects
- Experience working in a content management system (Drupal, Wordpress or Kentico)
- 3-5 years of client service and/or project management and previous experience working in an agency or professional services
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or equivalent field
- Exceptional communications skills – both written and verbal
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and priorities
- Comfortable speaking with senior leaders within the company as well as among clients
Preferred Experience (Bonus Skills)
- SEO and content strategy
- Google Analytics
- SEM/online advertising experience
- Development experience, knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Information architecture understanding (Axure familiarity a plus)
- Usability and user experience
- Lead nurturing campaigns, marketing automation, email marketing
- Social media strategy
- Research experience (survey design, qualitative interviews, analysis)
Why join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
Design the life you want, and build a career with us! We have amazing benefits too: 100% remote and/or hybrid work options, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, paid floating holidays, and your birthday is a day off here!
Please submit a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or a PDF of your resume.
US Citizen or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.