The User Experience Architect is responsible for creating exceptional user experiences that fulfill end-user and client needs across a wide range of web and mobile experiences. This involves uncovering and understanding user and business goals and requirements, conducting user research, defining intuitive information architecture and navigation systems, wireframing and prototyping, conducting usability studies, and working with Sandstorm’s design and development teams to create and execute digital experiences that exceed client expectations. The User Experience Architect has a thorough understanding of user-centered design processes, usability best practices, and interaction design principles.
The User Experience Architect also contributes the to sales process by helping with proposals, cost estimates, and pitches.
- Understand users’ needs, tasks, and goals and translate them into wireframes and prototypes
- Understand our client’s organizational goals to deliver digital experiences that exceed their expectations
- Create information architecture and navigation systems for large B2B and B2C transactional, informational, member-based, and marketing websites
- Design and conduct user research and usability studies
- Participate in the development of user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus the team's design efforts on the needs of key users
- Develop user flows and sitemaps
- Conduct competitive audits and market research
- Lead the planning and estimation of user experience tasks, deliverables and timelines
- Work within project budgets while meeting all deadlines
- BS/BA degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Information Studies or equivalent professional work related experience
- 3+ years professional related work experience
- Passion for designing solutions for complex business rules to create simple experience solutions that meet the needs of diverse user groups
- Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Keen understanding of usability principles, web standards, UI patterns and their application
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user and communicate informed design rationale and value
- Understanding of responsive and mobile design patterns
- Deploy a diverse skill set including the abilities to understand complex business goals, product and technical content, interaction design, and brand strategy in order to create engaging, effective and accessible experiences for a wide range of users
- Work collaboratively with clients and internal teams
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
WHO WORKS AT SANDSTORM?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
WHAT ABOUT CULTURE?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Learning & Sharing – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having Fun! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events.
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks, beverages in the fridge, costume contests, super secret events, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.