Join a creative, collaborative, and nimble team to help architect and build innovative digital products. We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer for a full-time position.
The Technical Support Engineer is a dynamic individual responsible for overseeing client needs, issue resolution, development operations, performance monitoring, and security needs. This role works with other senior developers on system architecture, documentation and code quality to ensure that all projects are built to Sandstorm standards. The Technical Support Engineer works with other team disciplines to identify client needs and implement solutions.
Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- Implement support requests from clients
- Perform security updates and maintenance on client sites
- Coordinate with other members of the development team to transition work to the project developers where needed
- Work with client-facing team members to present options regarding technical issues
- Responsible for documentation and change management processes
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional development environment
- Knowledge of PHP Knowledge of Git
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues based on client feedback
- Excellent communication skills
High consideration given to candidates with the following knowledge:
- Knowledge of Linux server configuration and maintenance
- Knowledge of Drupal
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Knowledge of HTML, SASS, CSS, and JS
- Knowledge of NPM, Bower, Yarn, Grunt, and Gulp
- Knowledge of documentation practices
- Knowledge of databases (mysql/mariadb)
- Familiarity with agile project management methodologies
- Familiarity with internet networking (SSL, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of .NET
- Knowledge of Vagrant/Chef
- Familiarity with Windows server environments
- Familiarity with end-to-end automated testing frameworks Knowledge of other CMS frameworks (Joomla, etc.)
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, disruptive creative, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks/beverages in the fridge, costume contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office. Note: This position will be full-time remote as our office is closed to protect the health and safety of all employees.
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.