Sandstorm Design is seeking a Senior Website Project Manager to join our team!
The senior website project manager is a client-facing project manager in a consultative role. They lead client projects through their entire life cycles, from conception through delivery.
The senior website project manager understands how the web and application design and development process work and are responsible for accurately understanding the client’s objectives and requirements and communicating the information to the design and development teams.
- Embraces and facilitates an agile approach to project management to deliver high-priority, high-quality work
- Ensures clear and informative project briefs and requirements documents are created to outline priorities and motivate teams to create great work
- Develops and manages project budgets: monitors scope, ensures team clarity on budget, and ensures timely communication of budget status to clients to ensure everyone has the right information at the right time to make good decisions
- Identifies resource needs and individual needs relative to filling gaps in the company’s capabilities
- Work across teams to allocate and prioritize resources across projects
- Stays current on user experience research, marketing, and brand trends to inform advice to clients
- Guides the development of website strategy and grounds decision-making in adopted strategies
- Facilitates client CMS trainings
Business Development and Account Growth
- Maintains accountability for overall financial performance and growth of client
- Assists with proposal development, sales presentations, and existing client growth
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience leading website design and development projects
- Experience working in a content management system (Drupal, Wordpress or Kentico)
- 5 or more years of client service and/or project management and previous experience working in an agency or professional services
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or equivalent field
- Exceptional communications skills – both written and verbal
- Comfort working in spreadsheets
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and priorities
- Comfortable speaking with senior leaders within the company as well as among clients
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (BONUS SKILLS)
- SEO and content strategy
- Google Analytics
- SEM/online advertising experience
- Development experience, knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Information architecture understanding (Axure familiarity a plus)
- Usability and user experience
- Lead nurturing campaigns, marketing automation, email marketing
- Social media strategy
- Research experience (survey design, qualitative interviews, analysis)
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter, salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
We’re a high energy, Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Learning & Sharing – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events.
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks, beverages in the fridge, costume contests, super secret events, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.