Join a creative, collaborative, and nimble team to help architect and build innovative digital products.
Sandstorm Design is seeking a Senior PHP / Front-end Developer with skills in WordPress to join our team!
You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment that builds careers and makes news. Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, ;apply online or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong background in PHP development - Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong background in WordPress development including the creation of themes and/or plug-ins
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS - Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Strong understanding of developing responsive design projects
- Strong understanding of SQL, MySQL, or other databases
- Experience with Composer (dependency manager for PHP)
- Familiarity with SASS/SCSS, LESS, or other CSS Preprocessor frameworks
- Familiarity with popular UI frameworks and patterns (Bootstrap, Foundation, Material UI, etc)
- Familiarity with creative design tools like InVision, Sketch, or Photoshop
- Experience with using Git in a collaborative dev team environment, including an understanding of Git workflows
- Experience with Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Familiarity with AJAX, XML, and JSON
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Familiar with Agile software development best practice
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them to technical requirements
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with WebPack, Gulp, Grunt, or similar tools
- Experience with Docker, Vagrant, or other local container tools
- Experience with Twig, Handlebars, or other Front-end templating framework
- Experience with other open-source CMS tools or frameworks like Drupal, Symfony, Laravel, Sitecore, Kentico, Django, etc
- Facebook and other social media integration
- Apache and/or Microsoft IIS experience
- Understanding of server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Familiarity with jQuery
- Monitoring software like New Relic or Nagios
- Experience with MS SQL Server database, including writing SQL and T-SQL
- Experience with deploying and managing services on Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, AWS, Google App Engine or other cloud hosting platforms
- Experience with mobile app development tools like PhoneGap or Apache Cordova
- Familiarity with security and performance testing techniques
- Web Serving Software/Architecture (Nginx, PHP-FPM, Varnish)
- Experience writing/consuming REST APIs
- Enterprise systems experience is a plus (CRM/ERP/etc)
- Systems integration experience is a plus
Why join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Create Joy – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
Design the life you want, and build a career with us! We have amazing benefits too: 100% remote and/or hybrid work options, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, paid floating holidays, and your birthday is a day off here!
Please submit a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or a PDF of your resume.
US citizens or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.