Reporting directly to the VP of UX and Creative, the Senior Designer is a visual problem solver responsible for concepting and designing digital and marketing solutions for our clients. You will be collaborating with like-minded designers, copywriters, UX Architects, and enterprise-level developers within an agile environment. You’ll be designing user interfaces, websites, video storyboards, interactive experiences, logos, brand boards, corporate identities, ad campaigns, banner ads, HTML emails, digital brochures, PowerPoint presentations, infographics, and social media graphics.
- Developing strategic and cohesive visual concepts and graphics assets for new and established brands for use online and offline
- Designing user-centered interfaces while considering the business needs for websites and web applications
- Building and launching visually new and existing brands across all media
- Collaborating closely with our copywriters, designers, directors, and VP of UX and Creative and the Associate Creative Director to produce thought-provoking, strategically driven, and user-centric creative executions
- Partnering with developers in creating user-centered executions that also reflect the budgetary and scheduling requirements
- Know and implement UX/UI principles and accessibility best practices
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Help build strong relationships with clients through project kick-offs, ongoing meetings, and the presentation of concepts
- Five to ten years experience as a Sr Designer/Art Director or similar role
- Outstanding portfolio of work to demonstrate experience
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Ability to work with many brands, many deliverables, and large client teams
- Strong understanding of industry-standard graphics software such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience working with Drupal, WordPress, or Kinetico developers is a plus
- Experience working in agile or SCRUM frameworks is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Takes pride in the details; attn to detail a must!
- Open to applicants working remote or in our Chicago office or both
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. Our cross-functional teams of creatives, technologists, and strategists work collaboratively to solve our clients’ problems across a variety of disciplines and therefore provide solutions that are easily integrated into our clients’ organizations.
We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate.
Why join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
Design the life you want, and build a career with us! We have amazing benefits too: 100% remote and/or hybrid work options, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, paid floating holidays, and your birthday is a day off here!
Please submit a link to your LinkedIn profile or a PDF of your resume. Also, include a link to your current portfolio.
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.