Sandstorm Design recently merged with Jacobs Agency. This is a unique opportunity for a creative entrepreneur to work with the Head of Creative to build a creative team to lead the combined agency into the future.
Sandstorm Design is a strategically grounded, creatively driven user experience agency looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our agency in Chicago, IL. The Senior Copywriter’s next stop is as Associate Creative Director with experience giving brands voice and relevance, and then bring them to life.
The Senior Copywriter position will grow into a creative leadership role – and will comprise the roles of creative visionary, teacher, strategist, problem solver, and motivator that inspires creative teams to disruptive creative campaigns that sell. You push until it’s great and then you push some more. And you can sell it like a champ.
- Support the Head of Creative to drive the Client relationship, brand marketing deliverables and quality of all copywriting
- Collaborate with an extended team of account services, strategy, creative, production, and project management
- Inspire creative team of art directors and copywriters to consistently deliver on brand, on strategy and on message
- Drive strategic brainstorming sessions and direct creative execution that creates best-in-class creative/user experience and exceeds Client objectives
- Lead by example. Get into the trenches with the creative team
- Sell the team’s ideas in Client presentations
- Participate in new business development and presentations
Must have advertising agency experience working on integrated campaigns including digital design.
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field
- 5-7+ years of advertising agency experience as a copywriter
- Experience building integrated creative campaigns
- Digital experience is a must
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills
- Strong working knowledge of brand development, the creative process, and digital marketing (including interaction design, user-centered experience design, digital display, and social) – as well as new platforms and technologies
- Ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep deliverables on time and on budget
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships with Clients and internal teams
- Strong problem-solving, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Proven creative leader in developing big ideas from beginning to end
- Excellent presentation skills and salesmanship
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others to creatively and strategically solve multiple problems at once, under quick deadlines
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Keynote a plus
- Solid portfolio, available online
- Travel as required
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, disruptive creative, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks/beverages in the fridge, costume contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office.
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.