Sandstorm Design is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our team!
Sandstorm Design is a strategically grounded, creatively driven user experience agency looking for a Senior AE to join our agency in Chicago, IL. Sandstorm Design recently merged with Jacobs Agency. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial account manager to work with the V.P. of Strategy to build a strategically driven, multi-disciplined account team, poised for massive growth.
The ideal candidate is someone who has been on the account management path and wants to pursue a strategically driven career overseeing large scale research projects, creating inspirational insights in addition to managing projects to completion.
We’re looking for someone who can collaborate with and inspire creative teams and knows how to build client relationships, looking for new opportunities to grow our client business.
Client Services & Delivery
- Be a key point-of-contact for Agency Partners and Clients.
- Assist in Strategic Planning: Creative Brief Development, Tactical Planning, Research, Target Insight Mining.
- Work internally to ensure campaigns are truly integrating brand and digital channels
- Meet and liaison with Clients and Agency Partners to discuss and identify marketing communications opportunities and requirements.
- Provide input during development of projects based on insights and knowledge of Client preferences.
- Identify key areas for growing a client’s business and develop strategic, high-impact marketing solutions that meet or exceed client’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure that project/campaigns can be executed on brand, on budget and on time.
- Collaborate with other teams (i.e. Creative and Technology among others), account managers and outside partners to develop and execute strategies as needed.
- Conduct or oversee market research to identify opportunities and better understand clients’ audience and competitors as appropriate.
- Ensures clear and informative project briefs are created to outline priorities and motivate teams to create great work.
- Client management skills to set expectations, anticipate needs, sell agency point of view.
- Manages clients work from brand strategy to implementation and analytics.
- Accountable for overall financial performance of clients and identifying opportunities for client revenue growth.
- Assists with proposal development and agency new business presentations.
Must have integrated marketing agency experience including digital as an Account Executive prior to Senior Account Executive
- 3-5 years of client service in an advertising agency or similar professional services firm
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or equivalent field
- Track record working with creative teams
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and priorities
- Proficient in insight driven creative briefs
- Experience in digital brand marketing, consumer lifestyle and web development helpful
- Knowledge of paid digital media (SEM, Display Social) strategies strongly preferred
- Exceptional communications skills – both written and verbal
- Comfortable speaking with senior leaders
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, disruptive creative, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
What About Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks/beverages in the fridge, costume contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office.
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.