Sandstorm Design is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our team!
You are not someone who takes orders and files call reports - you lead your clients. When they need marketing insights they rely on you to deliver them. When new creative ideas are being presented clients trust your opinion and your knowledge of their business. You have an informed point of view to share. You are a resource they depend on to make their brand a success.
Sandstorm Design is a strategically grounded, creatively driven user experience agency. We are seeking a Senior Account Executive on the strategic planning path with digital experience to lead client projects through their entire lifecycle from research and insight through delivery. They will serve in a consulting role for our clients, cultivating long-term client relationships and driving agency revenue growth.
This position is a strategy role for a candidate who is passionate about using research to uncover business, market and brand insights that shape innovative thinking and drive creative ideas.
Client Services & Delivery
- Identify key areas for growing a client’s business and develop strategic, high-impact digital marketing solutions that meet or exceed client’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure that project/campaigns can be executed within client's budget and timeline.
- Collaborate with other teams (i.e. Creative and Technology among others), account managers and outside partners to develop and execute strategies as needed.
- Conduct or oversee market research to identify opportunities and better understand client's audience and competitors as appropriate.
- Ensures clear and informative project briefs are created to outline priorities and motivate teams to create great work.
- Client management skills to set expectations, anticipate needs, sell agency point of view.
- Leads semi-annual (differs by client) strategic business planning process to develop near and long-term strategies (content, digital and marketing).
- Manages client's work from brand strategy to implementation and analytics.
- Accountable for overall financial performance of client and identifying opportunities for client revenue growth.
- Assists with proposal development and agency new business presentations.
- 3-5 years of client service in similar organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or equivalent field
- Previous experience working in an agency or professional services company
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and priorities
- Proficient in insight-driven creative briefs
- Experience in digital brand marketing including marketing automation and customer lifecycle
- Knowledge of paid digital media (SEM, Display Social) strategies strongly preferred
- Exceptional communications skills – both written and verbal
- Comfortable speaking with senior leaders
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, disruptive creative, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
What About Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Lifelong learners with insatiable appetites for new perspectives and sharing ideas.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks/beverages in the fridge, costume contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office.
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.