Sandstorm scrum masters work within a dedicated team responsible for a portfolio of products (typically websites or other applications). Some of our clients act as product owners. For these clients, scrum masters are the main point of contact.
As scrum master, you will lead, support and enable the team to work efficiently.
This role operates within a scrum framework. You will need to be capable and knowledgeable of the scrum process in order to perform the following tasks and responsibilities.
- Facilitates daily stand up meetings to ensure timely execution of deliverables
- Partners with Product Owners to achieve maximum project return on investment and meet project objectives
- Participates in release planning and scheduling
- Manages sprint scheduling ensures visibility of sprint status and progress
- Ensures high output of development teams by identifying potential issues and roadblocks and working to prevent or remove them
- Works with and supports Product Owners, Sales, and relationship managers to best support a client by proactively planning ahead and prioritizing work among clients
- Facilitates issue resolution within the team
- Manages billing and project access for the team within tools
- Sends regular hours reports to the client
- Maintains project visibility and ensures timely adjustments
- Delegates work and distribute communications from clients to fulfill work requests
- Works in cross-functional project teams to deliver on strategic initiatives
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands (Blue Cross, CareerBuilder.com, American Medical Association, to name a few) and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
WHO WORKS AT SANDSTORM?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
WHAT ABOUT CULTURE?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having Fun! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events.
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks, beverages in the fridge, costume contests, super secret events, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office.
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.