Sandstorm product owners work on a variety of products (which are typically websites or other applications) and are the main point of contact for the clients to which these products belong.
As product owner, you should be able to identify user needs, assess business value for our clients and work with our cross-functional teams to define product features and manage releases.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders, design, strategy and development during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Serve as the voice of the client and the client’s end-user.
- Analyze user needs and align product roadmap to the client’s strategic goals.
- Own the product backlog:
- Develop scope and define backlog items that guide the development team.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Asses value and prioritize backlog items to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Prioritize and order items 1 Sprint ahead.
- Define “done” for each sprint and accept or reject work results.
- Solve product-related problems and make decisions knowing when to consult with teammates and client stakeholders.
- Own the product scope, timeline, and budget.
- Develops scopes of work and participates in the sales process.
Experience and Skills
- You are comfortable working with clients and partnering with them to manage budgets, timelines and scopes.
- You have been through several website projects. You understand the website design and development process and have a basic understanding of technical concepts.
- Experience with Drupal and/or Kentico preferred. Experience with Wordpress and Sitefinity also helpful.
- You are familiar with user-centered design and are eager to learn more.
- You understand SEO and know your way around Google Analytics.
- You are a leader and are comfortable making decisions.
- You are a great listener and good at summarizing takeaways from a meeting.
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, disruptive creative, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks/beverages in the fridge, costume contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office.
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.