Join a creative, collaborative, and nimble team to help architect and build innovative digital products.
You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment that builds careers and makes news. Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years experience building websites or applications in ASP.NET and C#
- 5+ years experience with MS SQL Server database, including writing SQL and T-SQL
- Extensive experience with IIS configuration and management
- Experience with a .NET-based Content Management System like Kentico, Sitecore, Ektron, Sitefinity, or EpiServer (Kentico certification preferred)
- Experience with deploying and managing services on Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, or other cloud hosting platforms
- Experience with source control (Git preferred, but also TFS or SVN)
- Familiarity with jQuery
- Experience writing/consuming REST APIs
- Familiarity with web standards, cross-browser, and cross-platform development techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Familiar with Agile software development best practice
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate to technical requirements
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with Entity Framework Core and Code First Migrations
- Experience with ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with MVC Razor
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience with SQL Server’s Reporting Services and Analysis Services
- Experience with other relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with PHP
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Familiarity with other content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, Django, etc)
- Experience with mobile app development tools like PhoneGap or Apache Cordova
- CSS Preprocessors like SASS/SCSS or LESS
- Familiarity with popular UI frameworks and patterns (Bootstrap, Foundation, Material UI, etc)
- Familiarity with security and performance testing techniques
- Experience with other cloud hosting like AWS or Google App Engine
- Understanding of other server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Monitoring software like New Relic or Nagios
- Web Serving Software/Architecture (Nginx, PHP-FPM, Varnish)
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Package management like Gulp or Grunt
- MS Dynamics AX 2012 experience is a plus
- SharePoint development experience is a plus
- Enterprise systems experience is a plus (CRM/ERP/etc)
- Systems integration experience is a plus
Why join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
Design the life you want, and build a career with us! We have amazing benefits too: 100% remote and/or hybrid work options, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, paid floating holidays, and your birthday is a day off here!
Please submit a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or a PDF of your resume.
US citizens or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.