We are seeking a full-time, Junior UI/Visual Designer! (Stellar mid- to senior-level creatives, be sure to come back and check for additional job postings that would be a better match for you)
Ready to join our creative team?
We are an award-winning, digital creative agency with a mission to do good work for good people. We collaborate with our clients to utilize data and technology in thoughtful, conceptual ways, that are grounded in user research principles & client needs. Focused on connecting the dots in new ways, Sandstormers look to leverage and enhance our clients’ positive attributes and better align their brands with their users’ needs. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players too. If you want to do big Agency digital work, in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Reporting directly to the ACD, the Junior UI/Visual Designer is a visual problem solver responsible for creative concepts and designing digital and traditional marketing solutions for our clients. You will be collaborating with like-minded designers, copywriters, information architects, and developers within an agile environment. You’ll be designing user interfaces, websites, logos, corporate identities, and marketing material. Additional projects may include wireframes and assisting on usability studies.
- Building and launching visually new and existing brands
- Producing ongoing marketing materials to help build brands online and offline
- Collaborating closely with our creative team to produce thought-provoking, strategically driven, and user-centric creative executions
- Partnering with developers in creating user-centered websites
- Learning and implementing best practice UX/UI principles
- 1-2 years experience as a User Interface/Visual Designer or similar role
- Outstanding portfolio of work to demonstrate experience (a link to your online portfolio is required for consideration)
- Self-motivated, driven and collaborative
- Strong understanding of industry-standard UI graphic software such as Sketch, InVision or UXPin
- Proven understanding of industry visual software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Takes pride in the details no matter how small
- Positive attitude and insatiable hunger to learn
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks/beverages in the fridge, costume contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
Salary range: $40k - $50k depending on portfolio and experience
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office. Note: This position will be full-time remote as our office is closed to protect the health and safety of all employees.
US Citizen or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.