Sandstorm Design is seeking a Junior UI/Visual Designer to join our team!
Who is Sandstorm®?
We are a tech-fueled digital brand experience agency with a mission to do good work for good people. We collaborate with our clients to utilize data and technology in thoughtful, conceptual ways, that are grounded in user research principles & client needs. Focused on connecting the dots in new ways, Sandstormers look to leverage and enhance our clients’ positive attributes and better align their brands with their users’ needs. We work with large amazing brands (CLR Brands, NOW Foods, Crown Holdings) and interesting niche players too. If you want to do big Agency digital work, in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Reporting directly to the Associate Creative Director, the Junior UI/Visual Designer is a visual problem solver responsible for concepting and designing digital and print solutions for our Clients. You will be collaborating with like-minded designers, copywriters, Information Architects and developers within an agile environment. You’ll be creating user interfaces, website design, video storyboards, interactive experiences, logos, brand boards, corporate identities, ads, banner ads, HTML emails, brochures, sell sheets, postcards, PowerPoint presentations, proposals, infographics, and annual reports. Additional projects may include wireframes, user research, persona development, and usability studies.
- Building and launching visually new and existing brands across all media
- Producing ongoing materials to help build brands online and offline
- Collaborating closely with our copywriters, designers, directors, and VP of UX and Digital Innovation to produce thought-provoking, strategically driven and user-centric creative executions
- Partnering with developers in creating user-centered executions that also reflect the budgetary and scheduling requirements
- Learning and implementing UX/UI principles a best practice
- One to three years of experience as a User Interface/Visual Designer or similar role
- Outstanding portfolio of work to demonstrate experience
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Strong understanding of industry standard UI graphic software such as Sketch and UXPin
- Proven understanding of industry visual software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Takes pride in the details no matter how small
- Experience with video software a plus
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. Our cross-functional teams of creatives, technologists, and strategists work collaboratively to solve our clients’ problems across a variety of disciplines and therefore provide solutions that are easily integrated into our clients’ organizations.
We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes, and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate.
Why join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Lifelong learners with insatiable appetites for new perspectives and sharing ideas.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks/beverages in the fridge, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.