Sandstorm Design is seeking a Front End / User Interface Developer with skills in either Drupal or WordPress to join our team!
You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment that builds careers and makes news. Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS - Minimum of 2 years experience
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Strong understanding of developing for responsive design projects
- Experience in theme and plugin creation in WordPress; or theme and module development in Drupal (in PHP)
- Familiarity with SASS/SCSS or LESS
- Experience with Twig templating
- Front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Familiarity with creative design tools like InVision, Sketch, or Photoshop
- Git, including an understanding of Git workflows
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Intense attention to detail
Nice to have experience:
- Familiarity with other open-source CMS tools or frameworks
- Familiarity with AJAX, XML, and JSON
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp, and similar tools
- Twig, Handlebars, or other Front-end templating framework
- Facebook and other social media integration
- SQL, MySQL, or other databases
- Apache and/or Microsoft IIS experience
- Understanding of server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, and/or ASP.NET
Why join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
Design the life you want, and build a career with us! We have amazing benefits too: 100% remote and/or hybrid work options, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, paid floating holidays, and your birthday is a day off here!
Please submit a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or a PDF of your resume.
US citizens or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.