Sandstorm Design is seeking a Front End / User Interface Developer to join our team!
The Front End / User Interface Developer is responsible for front-end/presentation layer and UI development for website and web application projects. The successful candidate has a passion for building user-friendly experiences and creating elegant and dynamic UIs for responsive websites. You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment where you can build your career and enjoy being a part of our fast-growing agency. We're currently building out a chef's kitchen, idea lab and library – join our explosive growth!
This position is a contract role with 20 to 40 hours of work per week and the option to be considered for a potential full-time position at the end of the contract period.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing web pages and front-end solutions from provided wireframes and designs
- Very strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Very strong understanding of developing for responsive design projects
- Familiarity with SASS/Compass or LESS.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Intense attention to detail
Bonus if you have
- Familiarity with Drupal, WordPress and other open source tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with AJAX, XML and JSON a plus.
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp and similar tools.
- Familiarity with PHP, Ruby on Rails and/or ASP.NET
- Facebook and other social media integration
- SQL, MySQL or other databases
- Apache and/or Microsoft IIS experience
The successful candidate will need to be flexible in day-to-day activities and embrace change as required, working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with many projects, priorities and opportunities.
We’re a high energy, super fun, Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission!) We leverage strategic marketing, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players too. If you want to do big Agency digital work, in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Learning & Sharing – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks, weekly delivery from the Fruit Guys®, beverages in the fridge, costume contests, annual guacamole contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.