Sandstorm Design is seeking a Front End / User Interface Developer with skills in either WordPress or Drupal to join our team!
You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment that builds careers and makes news. Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS - Minimum of 2 years experience
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Strong understanding of developing for responsive design projects
- Experience in theme and plugin creation in WordPress; or theme and module development in Drupal
- Familiarity with SASS/Compass or LESS.
- Experience with Twig templating
- Front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Git, including an understanding of Git workflows
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Intense attention to detail
Nice to have experience:
- Familiarity with other open-source CMS tools or frameworks
- Familiarity with AJAX, XML, and JSON a plus.
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp, and similar tools.
- Familiarity with PHP, Ruby on Rails, and/or ASP.NET
- Twig, Handlebars, or other Front-end templating framework
- Facebook and other social media integration
- SQL, MySQL, or other databases
- Apache and/or Microsoft IIS experience
- Understanding of server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
Why join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
Design the life you want, and build a career with us! We have amazing benefits too: 100% remote and/or hybrid work options, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, paid floating holidays, and your birthday is a day off here!
Please submit a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or a PDF of your resume.
US Citizen or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.