Join a creative, collaborative and nimble team to help architect and build innovative digital products. We are seeking a developer for work from October 2017 through January 2018, available immediately for up to 40 hours a week.
Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong experience with Angular 2
- Strong understanding of Ajax and DOM
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Git, including understanding of Git workflows
- Strong understanding of working with APIs in a robust application framework
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Intense attention to detail
Nice to have experience
- Familiarity with AngularJS 1.x
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Strong understanding of jQuery
- Familiarity with unit-testing methodologies
- Front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- CSS Preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Understanding of server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, IIS, etc.)
- Package management like Gulp or Grunt
- Cloud Services like Rackspace, Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure or Google App Engine
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Understanding of relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with NoSQL and data warehousing
- Familiarity with security and performance testing techniques
We’re a high energy, super fun, Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission!) We leverage strategic marketing, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players too. If you want to do big Agency digital work, in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Learning & Sharing – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.