Sandstorm Design is seeking a Sales Director to join our team!
We are seeking an enterprise-level technology sales leader to join our growing team and expand our sales efforts by developing net-new business opportunities and relationships and drive those opportunities through the sales pipeline from initiation to close.
This person has experience cultivating client relationships and will be adept at consultative sales in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment. This person understands and embraces the history, core values and culture of our agency and exhibits exemplary communication skills.
This person will conduct outreach (calls, email, social channels, trade shows and networking events), build relationships and work to convert those into qualified leads.
Individual will be focused on several vertical industries and seeking opportunities to better reach Sandstorm’s targets.
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Prospecting and networking skills
- Technical proficiency across web and custom development; multiple Content Management Software and Ecommerce platforms; data visualization, business intelligence, predictive solutions and analytics
- Building and sustaining long-term relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Mining opportunities via web and social channels
- Professionalism and enthusiasm
- Continuous drive for strong sales results
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the capability, benefits and competitive advantages of Sandstorm’s digital services (brand and marketing strategy, user experience, interface design, web and app development and data, research, analytics and predictive-based solutions).
- Be able to communicate the value-proposition of Sandstorm services to prospective clients in all settings - phone calls, in-person meetings, presentations/pitches, demonstrations.
- Research, conduct account mapping and identify prospective customers and individual organizations to target.
- Generate new opportunities via cold calling, web/social research, mining lists, networking and related events and tradeshows.
- Work with Sandstorm leadership to identify, quality, develop and close sales opportunities. Collaborate on identifying new vertical market opportunities and solution offerings and support bringing these to market.
- Take initiative to learn about specific industries, their business, marketing and technical needs, and specific requirements, to identify new business opportunities.
- Manage client expectations in liaison with Account Management team (project managers, digital strategists) and coordinate seamless transition to account team once sale is closed.
- Perform competitive analysis, keep pulse on competitive set and track and measure success.
- Work closely with marketing and support team to orchestrate marketing activities, specific targets and support and coordination for specific campaigns.
- Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate high energy, bring enthusiasm, passion and new ideas to the team. Candidate must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work well with people from a variety of disciplines, build relationships with the Sandstorm team, take proactive measures to solve problems and commit to a high level of service.
- 7+ years of outside, enterprise sales experience, preferably in technology (services or software) agency or professional/consulting services
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent field
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and collaborating with key leads
- Must have exceptional communications skills – both written and verbal
- A self starter who is comfortable making a volume of outreach and phone calls each day
- Strong understanding and track record of relationship-based selling
- Attention to detail
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience and will include base salary plus commission based on established quota.
Sandstorm Design® (www.sandstormdesign.com) is a data-driven user experience, technology and marketing agency located in Chicago. Sandstorm is highly collaborative, analytical, and nimble in its approach to data science, brand strategy, UX, and enterprise-level web development. Utilizing data and technology, grounded in UX principles, Sandstorm has mastered the art and science of uncovering insights across multiple industries including technology, healthcare, financial services, associations, CPG and retail. Sandstorm’s thoughtful, evidence-based approach reduces subjectivity, helping clients make better business decisions.
Sandstorm has been recognized in Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies, Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, Top 100 Fastest Growing Inner City Company in America (ICIC and Fortune), Top Interactive Agency from Crain’s Chicago Business; and our client work has received recognition from Hermes and B2B Awards, among others.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Learning & Sharing – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events.
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks, weekly delivery from the Fruit Guys®, beverages in the fridge, costume contests, annual guacamole contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office.
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.