Join a creative, collaborative and nimble team to help architect and build innovative digital products.
You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment that builds careers and makes news. Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ year experience building websites or applications in ASP.NET and C#
- 2+ year experience with MS SQL Server database, including writing SQL and T-SQL
- Experience with IIS configuration and management
- Experience with a .NET-based Content Management System like Kentico, Ektron, Sitefinity, EpiServer, or SiteCore (Kentico preferred)
- Experience with .NET WebForms and MVC
- Experience with deploying and managing services on Microsoft Azure
- Experience with source control (Git preferred, but also TFS or SVN to be considered)
- Familiarity with jQuery
- Experience writing/consuming REST APIs
- Familiarity with web standards, cross-browser, and cross-platform development techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Familiar with Agile software development best practice
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate to technical requirements
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with Kentico Portal Engine development is highly desired
- Experience with Sitefinity CMS is also desired
- MS SQL tuning, performance tuning, database administration, backup and recovery, User creation and management, and other database administration experience is highly desired.
- Experience with Entity Framework Core and Code First Migrations
- Experience with MVC Razor
- Experience with VB.NET
- Experience with SQL Server’s Reporting Services and Analysis Services
- Experience with other relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with mobile app development tools like PhoneGap or Cordova
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Familiarity with other content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, Django, etc)
- CSS Preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Familiarity with popular UI frameworks and patterns (Bootstrap, Foundation, Material UI, etc)
- Familiarity with security and performance testing techniques
- Experience with other cloud hosting like Rackspace, AWS, or Google App Engine
- Understanding of other server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Monitoring software like New Relic or Nagios
- Web Serving Software/Architecture (Nginx, PHP-FPM, Varnish)
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Package management like Gulp or Grunt
- MS Dynamics AX 2012 experience is a plus
- SharePoint development experience is a plus
- Enterprise systems (CRM/ERP/etc) experience is a plus
- Systems integration experience is a plus
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Learning & Sharing – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
We have amazing benefits, too. Free snacks, beverages in the fridge, costume contests, annual guacamole contests, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches—and your birthday is a day off here!
- Local candidates only - no relocation assistance. This position will work primarily from our Ravenswood neighborhood, Chicago, IL office.
- US Citizen or green card holders only.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.