Join a creative, collaborative and nimble team to help architect and build innovative digital products. We are looking at possible candidates to work this summer and are always looking to connect with great individuals.
Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment that builds careers and makes news. Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong PHP skills
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS (HTML5 and CSS3 preferred)
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- MySQL database experience
- Drupal configuration and management
- Apache configuration and management
- Understanding of server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Git, including an understanding of Git workflows
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Intense attention to detail
Highly desirable experience:
- Familiarity with content management systems (WordPress, Django, SiteCore, Kentico, etc.)
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Package management like Gulp or Webpack
- Virtualization management like Vagrant or Docker
- Configuration Management like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Cloud Services like Rackspace or Amazon EC2
- Monitoring software like New Relic or Nagios
- Consulting work on server side (AWS/Rackspace, security setup, environment configuration/load balancing/routing / etc)
Nice to have experience:
- CSS Preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Written Drupal modules from scratch
- Active involvement in Drupal.org community
- IIS, Microsoft Azure, or Google App Engine
- Python experience
- C# .NET experience
- Linux Systems Administration (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS)
- VMware, OpenStack, VirtualBox
- Web Serving Software/Architecture (Nginx, PHP-FPM, Varnish)
- Strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with NoSQL and data warehousing
- Familiarity with security and performance testing techniques
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, disruptive creative, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.