Join a creative, collaborative and nimble team to help architect and build innovative digital products. We are looking at possible candidates to work this summer and are always looking to connect with great individuals.
Sandstorm Design is seeking a Front End / User Interface Developer to join our team!
Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment that builds careers and makes news. Founded in 1998 by a successful female entrepreneur, Sandstorm has earned nationwide recognition for being an industry leader and sustaining a track record of satisfied clients.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS (HTML5 and CSS3 preferred) - Minimum of 2 years experience
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Strong understanding of developing for responsive design projects
- Familiarity with SASS/Compass or LESS.
- Front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Git, including an understanding of Git workflows
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Intense attention to detail
Nice to have experience:
- Familiarity with Drupal, WordPress and other open source tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with AJAX, XML and JSON a plus.
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp and similar tools.
- Familiarity with PHP, Ruby on Rails and/or ASP.NET
- Facebook and other social media integration
- SQL, MySQL or other databases
- Apache and/or Microsoft IIS experience
- Understanding of server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
We’re a high-energy Chicago-based user experience agency that does good work for good people (that’s our mission). We leverage strategic marketing, disruptive creative, UX design, emerging technologies, and usability to create high-impact and compelling brand experiences. We work with large amazing brands and interesting niche players, too. If you want to do big agency digital work in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
US Citizen or green card holders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.