The Vue.js Developer is a dynamic individual responsible for implementing frontend development on complex web applications utilizing Vue.js, HTML, CSS, and PHP (Drupal CMS). The right candidate will be adept quickly ramping up on existing architecture, resolving technical issues in the Vue.js front-end, and clearly communicating with internal stakeholders (project manager, Drupal developers, QA engineer) at Sandstorm Design. The work will be flat-fee'd based on your assessment of the requirements. Strong communication skills and focus on detailed high-quality work are a must!
- Extensive experience with building web applications in Vue.js integrating with APIs
- Experience with Git, including an understanding of Git workflows
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Intense attention to detail
- Ability to work within project budgets while meeting deadlines
Nice to have
- 2+ years of experience with Drupal development and configuration (primarily Drupal 8/9/+)
- Strong PHP skills
- Knowledge of package management like Gulp or Webpack
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/SCSS or LESS
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with writing custom Drupal modules or utilizing hooks
- Experience with MySQL or MariaDB database
- Understanding of server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Experience with cloud services like Pantheon
- Basic Apache configuration and management
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Experience working in virtualization management like Docker, DDEV, or Lando
- Linux Systems Administration (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS)
- Web Serving Software/Architecture (Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Varnish)
- Familiarity with security and performance testing techniques
- Familiarity with developing for SEO and accessibility
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
This position will be remote on a contract basis.
US Citizen or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.