We are seeking an experienced UX researcher and designer who is comfortable with a variety of UX research methodologies including user interviews, tree testing, card sorts, participatory design, usability studies, and heuristic analysis. Able to identify actionable insights from the research to create reports and inform user journeys and personas.
Then use those insights to create site maps, flows and wireframes.
Excellent writing and presentation skills are a must. Attention to detail is required.
- Conduct in-depth user research to understand users’ needs, tasks, and goals and translate them into user stories and user requirements
- Create information architecture and navigation systems for B2B and B2C transactional, informational, and member-based websites
- Create user flows and wireframe prototypes
- Conduct and analyze the results from usability studies, tree testing, and card sorting activities
- Participate in the development of user personas and scenarios to clarify the results of the user research and focus the team's design efforts on the needs of key users
- Work closely with Product Owners, UI, development, and client teams
- Present work internally and to key client stakeholders and decision-makers>
- Work within project budgets while meeting deadlines
- BS/BA degree or MS/MA in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Information Studies, Anthropology, or equivalent professional work-related experience
- 4+ years of professional related work experience (please include a URL to your portfolio)
- Self-motivated, driven, and collaborative
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Takes pride in the details no matter how small
- Positive attitude and insatiable hunger to learn
- Strategic and empathetic mind that loves to learn and embodies the "YES, and" mindset
- Passion for designing solutions for complex business rules to create simple experience solutions that meet the needs of diverse user groups
- Ability to collaborate, lead, and brainstorm across all teams to arrive at the best solutions
- Able to actively lead client and team interactions
- Ability to understand diverse clients and their business and digital need
- Ability to juggle many projects while overseeing junior team members. We are a growing agency that has many clients across many industries.
- Keen understanding of usability principles, web standards, UI patterns, and their application
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user and communicate informed design rationale and value
- Understanding of responsive and mobile design patterns
- Experience with industry-standard software such as Sketch, InVision or Figma
- Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions a plus
Nice to have
- Attuned to UX best practices and trends
- Experience designing for Drupal and WordPress
- Focus on accessibility
- Desire to share thought leadership by creating blog posts, and white papers, and participating in speaking engagements.
If this sounds like the right fit, apply below. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! 4% match in your 401K, $1,000 stipend per year for professional development and continued learning, great hours for work/life balance including optional half-day Fridays in the summer, paid volunteer days, 2 floating holidays, 2 paid volunteer days and your birthday is a day off here!
This position will be full-time remote. Build the life you want (live anywhere within the US) and build a career with us.
US Citizen or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.