We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst who is comfortable with manual and automated testing of websites and web applications, including functional QA, cross-browser and cross-device testing, smoke testing, and regression testing. The ideal candidate will work with product owners, UX/UI designers, developers, and other stakeholders to define test plans and test cases, and execute those actions.
The QA Analyst is responsible for ensuring Sandstorm’s websites, web applications, and other software applications meet the established standards of quality including functionality, reliability, usability, and performance. The QA Analyst plays an important role in Sandstorm’s development process and works closely with the development, UX, and creative teams to ensure our digital applications meet the highest standards of quality through a well-planned and executed testing process. In addition to leading Sandstorm’s quality assurance program, the QA Analyst assists the development team with technical and functional documentation.
- Analyzes and investigates UX, Creative and Technical documents to develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Ensure all requirements/acceptance criteria are documented and testable in the test scenarios.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Manage several QA testing and assurance plans on multiple projects.
- Responsible for the overall quality assurance, control processes, and quality documentation for the product.
- Identifies and logs enhancement requests and bugs in an issue tracker with detailed steps and screenshots to recreate the issue using Jira.
- Represents the business team and requirements while actively working with the technical team to assist with issue resolution.
- Validate data quality.
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to troubleshoot and resolve defects and other related issues.
- Track and report on test status to the Scrum Master and Development Team.
- Provide input on go/no-go decisions for Sprint and production releases.
- Monitor software releases to identify changes that affect the platform, assess risk for each release, and write/execute test scripts appropriate for the acceptance of the release.
- Set up and maintain a device lab for cross-device testing.
- Provide UI / UX feedback to the development and design teams
What we’re looking for
- Experience with various testing approaches including functional, smoke, regression, negative testing, cross-browser testing and cross-device testing, using manual and some automated tests for software builds within CMS-driven websites and web applications.
- Excellent decision-making ability with sound reasoning, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in a marketing/advertising agency setting
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Solid understanding of both agile/scrum and waterfall approaches
- Proficiency in executing and coordinating integration, regression and user acceptance testing
- Proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements
- An understanding of all common web browsers and familiarity of different mobile device market share, versions, and functionality
- Experience using software for specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects - experience with JIRA is a huge plus
- An innovative spirit - the ability to develop, implement and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches and services
- Strong communication skills both oral and written, excellent language, grammar, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail and be able to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced technical environment
- Ability to solve problems, identify solutions, and appropriately escalate issues
- Understanding of e-Commerce testing procedures
- Accessibility testing (WCAG A, AA, AAA) experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (preferred)
- One or more years of experience as a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst within IT solutions or equivalent role, required
- One or more years of experience authoring test cases and manual testing, required
- Strong experience with writing test plans and executing manual testing to include: functional, smoke, regression, negative and mobile strategies, preferred
- Experience manually testing CMS systems
- Experience creating pages in CMS systems
- Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS
- CMS – Drupal 7-9, WordPress, Kentico 11-13
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
- Chrome, IE11, Edge, Safari, Firefox and mobile browsers
- Ghost Lab
- Screen Capture software
Additional Relevant Skills
- Experience performing API testing a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word
If this sounds like the right fit, apply below or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Create Joy – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! 4% match in your 401K, $1,000 stipend per year for professional development and continued learning, great hours for work/life balance including optional half-day Fridays in the summer, paid volunteer days, 2 floating holidays, 2 paid volunteer days and your birthday is a day off here!
This position will be full-time remote - Build the life you want (live anywhere within the US) and build a career with us.
US Citizen or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.