Sandstorm product owners work on a variety of products (which are typically websites or other applications) and are the main point of contact for the clients to which these products belong. They also act as internal project managers ensuring our UX, creative, development and QA teams are set up for success.
As product owner, you should be able to identify user needs, assess business value for our clients and work with our cross-functional teams to define product features and manage releases.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders, design, strategy and development during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Serve as the voice of the client and the client’s end-user.
- Facilitates client calls - setting agendas, writing recaps and managing follow-ups.
- Analyze user needs and align product roadmap to the client’s strategic goals.
- Own the product backlog:
- Develop scope and define backlog items that guide the development team.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Asses value and prioritize backlog items to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Prioritize and order items 1 Sprint ahead.
- Define “done” for each sprint and accept or reject work results.
- Solve product-related problems and make decisions knowing when to consult with teammates and client stakeholders.
- Manages the product scope, timeline, and budget.
- Develops estimates, scopes of work and participates in the sales process.
Experience and Skills
- You are comfortable working with clients and partnering with them to manage budgets, timelines and scopes.
- You have been through several website projects. You understand the website design and development process and have a basic understanding of technical concepts.
- Experience with Drupal, Wordpress and/or Kentico preferred.
- You are familiar with user-centered design and are eager to learn more.
- You understand SEO and know your way around Google Analytics.
- You are a leader and are comfortable making decisions.
- You are a great listener and good at summarizing takeaways from a meeting.
Why Join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
Design the life you want, and build a career with us! We have amazing benefits too: 100% remote and/or hybrid work options, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, paid floating holidays, and your birthday is a day off here!
US Citizen or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.