Techniques to optimize and improve the front-end performance of websites is highly desirable.
Other duties as requested.
- Extensive experience with building web applications in Vue.js
- 2+ years of experience with Drupal development and configuration (primarily Drupal 8/9/+)
- Strong PHP skills
- Experience with Git, including an understanding of Git workflows
- Experience with evaluating and improving the performance of websites, primarily in addressing front-end issues
- Knowledge of package management like Gulp or Webpack
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/SCSS or LESS
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with writing custom Drupal modules or utilizing hooks
- Experience with MySQL or MariaDB database
- Understanding of server configurations (LAMP, LEMP, etc.)
- Experience with cloud services like Pantheon or Acquia
- Basic Apache configuration and management
- Bash or other shell scripting languages
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or BitBucket
- Strong understanding of web standards, cross-browser and cross-platform development techniques
- Familiarity with developing for SEO and accessibility
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Commitment to excellence, usability, and coding standards
- Intense attention to detail
- Ability to work within project budgets while meeting deadlines
Nice to have
- Strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with jQuery
- Active involvement in Drupal.org community
- Experience working in virtualization management like Docker, DDEV, or Lando
- Symfony experience
- Familiarity with other content management systems (WordPress, Kentico, Django, Sitefinity, etc.)
- IIS, Microsoft Azure, or Google App Engine
- Linux Systems Administration (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS)
- VMware, OpenStack, VirtualBox
- Monitoring software like New Relic or Nagios
- Consulting work on server side (AWS/Rackspace, security setup, environment configuration / load balancing / routing / etc)
- Web Serving Software/Architecture (Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Varnish)
- Familiarity with NoSQL and data warehousing
- Familiarity with security and performance testing techniques
If this sounds like the right fit, apply online or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If it’s not quite right for you, please share this opportunity with someone in your network.
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate. Collaboration is in our cultural DNA.
What about Culture?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Job titles rarely do our staff justice. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
- Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental.
- Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
- Create Joy! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! 4% match in your 401K, $1,000 stipend per year for professional development and continued learning, great hours for work/life balance including optional half-day Fridays in the summer, 2 floating holidays, 2 paid volunteer days and your birthday is a day off here!
This position will be full-time remote - Build the life you want (live anywhere within the US) and build a career with us.
US Citizen or green cardholders only.
No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.